Subject: PPC Scavenger hunt
Posted on: 2017-08-24 04:40:12 UTC
Hello everyone, and welcome to the PPC scavenger hunt! This is a new game, where boarders look for various uncommon to extremely rare things in fanfic (mostly badfic) and then get points for finding them. Whoever has the most points at the end wins.
There are 50 items to find, all of which are worth one point. To enter the game, make a reply to this post title "[your name]'s finds". When you find something, reply to that post, including the item you found in the subject, and quote the part of the fic that you found the item in and link to the fic. You can't use the exact same thing as another boarder, but using something else from the same sentence for the same item on the list.
Also, to keep the scavenger hunt safe for people verifying finds, NSFW or NSFB fics are not allowed. This is probably going to mean T-rated or below fic. To keep things interesting, any items must be found in chapters that were published at on or after 2017-07-23, and anything from any fic that has been PPC'ed is not allowed. The game will run until the end of 2017-09-24, EST (to match the timestamps on the main board).
Now that the rules are out of the way, here are the items to find, all of which I have seen in fic (although not necessarily in eligible fic) :
- A mini with three or more letters added, deleted, or removed
- An object of an impossible color
- A Suvian reformed within their own fic
- A sentence with more SPaG errors than words
- An author's note in the middle of the chapter
- A heading in the form of "[character]'s POV"
- A generic weapon
- An instance of reader bashing
- A pronoun problem between two characters not being shipped
- A nonsensical illness
- An instance of "Canon" misspelled as "cannon"
- A completely unromantic scene intended as romance
- A canonical creature described in a completely wrong manner
- A character with a negative age
- A piece of figurative language that makes more sense when interpreted literally
- A page-long paragraph ("pageagraph")
- An uncanonical character who would be OOC resistant or immune if canon
- A badfic shorter than 500 words
- A soap opera cough
- A character who checks off an excessive number of common Mary Sue traits
- A character who is over 99% OOC but not replaced
- A sentence that ends in a punctuation mark not normally used to end sentences
- A poorly-written poly relationship
- An unclosed parenthesis or similar punctuation mark
- An author's note not marked as such.
- An unintelligible acronym
- An LGBT+ Suvian
- A character who is both bashed and a Suvian's LO in the same fic
- A ship which is obviously a bad idea
- A ridiculously flimsy excuse for two characters falling in twu wuv
- A misuse of mathematics
- A sentence which does not begin with a capital letter
- A summary (including any tags) which implies at least three charges
- A series of three or more of the same punctuation mark
- A comma splice
- An unnecessary line break
- A correctly used semicolon
- Food with an impossible flavor
- A nonsensical object (such as "Long Table Elrond")
- A word misspelled as a different word
- A number used as a word
- A canonically incorrect romantic custom
- A completely generic setting
- A sentence with three or more ambiguous pronouns
- A character that has no reason to appear in prose (^, |, _, etc.)
- An unattributed line of dialogue
- A statement of something obvious
- A character with the same name as the author
- A summary or title with a SPaG error
- A good CAHQ card (Anything extra weird that doesn't fit one of the above items)
Good luck hunters!